Berkey Shower Filter™ W/Massage Head
*The Berkey Shower Filters™ are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts
- The Berkey Shower Filter™ is designed for those who want the benefits of showering in filtered water
- May be used with your existing shower head. Also available with massage shower head already installed
- Designed to last for 20,000 gallons or one year, whichever comes first
- “Full flow” filter insures even distribution of water throughout the media
- Easy installation of replaceable cartridge with self-sealing threads
- Back Flush Attachment to prevent premature clogging
- Reduces chemical absorption and vapor inhalation
- Effective for both hot and cold water
- Reduces damage to hair and skin
- Eliminates dirt and odors
- Reduces free chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, scale, and iron oxide (rust water)
- BPA free
- Do not use with shut-off valve
- Effective in both hot and cold water
- Reduces up to 95% of chlorine
- Reduces chemical absorption and vapor inhalation in the shower environment.
- Reduces the levels of hydrogen sulfide, iron, and iron oxide
- Contains bacteriostatic media
- Reduces damage to hair and skin
Back Flush Attachment to prevent premature clogging
Includes Massage Shower Head
Teflon sealing tape NOT included
In the shower environment, chlorine can either be in liquid or gas state. At higher water temperatures in the enclosed shower stall, free-chlorine moves from the liquid to the gas state, where it vaporizes and subsequently is inhaled. The United States regulates each water filter for shower use, and all shower filters must flow at 2.5 gallons of water per minute. Thus, the science behind shower head water filtering must take into account the unique situation in the shower, including temperature, flow rate and volume. Berkey understands this process and took all of these factors into account while developing our unique shower water filters.
The Berkey Shower Filter works on a similar principle to a catalytic converter in an automobile. Inside the shower filter, free chlorine is converted into a harmless chloride. The scientific name for this chemical reaction taking place inside the Berkey shower filter is known as “Reduction-Oxidation,” commonly referred to as Redox. Redox reactions can be chemically complex. Simply stated, during a Redox reaction electrons are transferred between molecules, creating new elements. For instance, when free chlorine comes in contact with the Berkey filtration media, it is changed into a benign, water-soluble chloride. This reaction changes free-chlorine to a larger chloride element, too large to evaporate or be absorbed by the skin. Hospitals, restaurants, municipal water treatment facilities, and homes rely on this same process media to safely reduce or remove free chlorine, hydrogen sulfide and bacteria from their water.
Proprietary filter media granules are high-purity copper-zinc formulations that are used in shower filter applications to reduce hydrogen sulfide, microorganisms, and scale. Shower water filtered through redox media controls microorganism growth and reduces bacteria and other microorganisms by electron transport, causing cellular damage. Inside the Berkey filter the Proprietary filter media also kills bacteria by direct electrochemical contact and by the flash formation of hydroxyl radicals and hydrogen peroxide, both of which interfere with a microorganism’s ability to function. High-purity copper-zinc redox media consistently remove 99% of free chlorine by electrochemically reducing dissolved chlorine gas to water-soluble chloride ions.
When pressurized shower water is filtered through the Berkey proprietary filter media, soluble lead cations are reduced to insoluble lead atoms, which are electroplated onto the surface of the filter.
All Berkey shower filters purchased typically last 20,000 gallons before needing replacement or one year whichever comes first, in which case you would need to shop for and buy another one online.
* Shipping charges are subject to change without notice. Some conditions apply.